It's January. And for me, that means back at school. Since I'm a freshman, I really just have to rely on my microwave in my dorm. And let's just say this recipe is saving my life. It can be hard to eat clean and avoid junk food when you are always surrounded by it. This is my go to for a healthy sweet treat that tastes just as good as the real thing. Plus, it's gluten free and vegan friendly!
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Flour (can be found at Kroger, Whole Foods, etc.)
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. cacao
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder (optional, or use xanthan gum)
- 3 tbsp. almond or cashew milk
- slightly over 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- small splash vanilla extract
- small handful dairy free dark chocolate chips (I use Lily's Sweets Chocolate brand)
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together with a fork. Be sure it is mixed all the way through. You may have to stir for a while.
- Transfer into a medium sized mug and microwave for about 3-4 minutes depending on your microwave
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to a plate with toppings or just eat it straight out of the mug!!