Being home from school for break, one of the first things I had to make were my yummy clean eating pancakes. Minimal ingredients, but absolutely no flavor lost! Pancakes are something I have always loved and it took a while to find a good healthy recipe for them that didn't fall apart or taste like chalk. But this one takes the cake! Or well, the pancake. This recipe is vegan and gluten free as well!
- 1 small fairly ripe banana
- 1/3 cup oat flour (I buy Bob's Red Mill from Whole Foods)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 scoop Nuzest cappuccino protein powder (use my code, inspiredbysydney, for 15% off at checkout) You can replace this with another powder, but I would highly suggest this one. Has no chalky flavor to it whatsoever and the ingredients are as good as you can get. Also, one of the few plant protein powders that provides all 9 essential amino acids necessary for muscle growth.
- Dairy free dark chocolate chips (I get Lily's Chocolate at Whole Foods)
- coconut oil non stick spray
- Combine all ingredients in a blender except for the chocolate chips. Once blended, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a griddle on your stove top. Once hot, spray with non stick spray and pour batter into small circles. Flip when they begin to bubble on top, then let cook about another minute. Respray the griddle between pancakes to avoid sticking.
- Top with whatever you like. I love topping mine with peanut butter, honey, and banana!